Common problems encountered by users:
· User cannot access voice mail (existing voice mail user): The user may have forgotten the correct password. Log on as system administrator and reset ("reinitialize") the mailbox password.
· New user cannot access voice mail: The voice mailbox may not exist. Log on as system administrator and use mailbox administration to check the status of the mailbox. If the mailbox exists, try resetting the password. NOTE: If the extension has never had voicemail assigned, it may be necessary to program voice mail coverage.
· User complains that the mailbox is too small (mailbox is full): Encourage user to delete unneeded messages. If necessary, increase mailbox size/message capacity using the Mailbox Administration cheat sheet.
· Telephone is dead: First check the connection to the phone and the wall jack. If both jacks are plugged in, unplug the phone and replace it with a phone you know works. If the replacement phone works, the old phone is malfunctioning and needs to be repaired or replaced. If the replacement phone is also dead, check the connections in the phone room. If possible, plug the replacement phone directly into the port on your phone system. If it works, you have a wiring problem between the phone switch and your wall jack. If it still does not work, you probably have a malfunctioning port. If there is another port available, reroute the extension to a port that works.
· The time displayed on your telephones is incorrect: Enter system programming and select "system". Select "time". Use backspace to delete the existing time and enter the correct time using a 24-hour clock. Press "enter" to save your change and press "exit" to exit programming.
· User cannot call out of the office or call long distance: The extension probably has a restriction programmed onto it. (Note: If you hear "your call cannot be completed as dialed", the problem is with your Dialtone provider [i.e. Pacific Bell] and cannot be resolved through telephone programming.) From the system programming level, select "extensions". Select "Restrictions" and enter the extension to be programmed. Select the appropriate restriction level. Press "Enter". Exit programming by pressing "Exit".